Home Forums Breeding and Selection Allen fishers method

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Kenny Troiano 4 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Kenny I came across this method and was wondering what’s your thoughts/input on this? He claims after 6 generations fowl aren’t considered related so this was his way of freshing up his lines.

i was just reading a old article from allen fisher on this and he said this man would take a select pullet off the first offspring and pen her by herself while line breeding back to the originals. then 5 years later he would use the select pullet to infuse into the different lines and start the same thing over again. waiting another 5 years to do it.

Would you recommend this practice alone side of your programs, or at all?

Kenny Troiano
      Keymaster
      @maximustroy2

Hey Coty,

Before he passed away, Allen Fisher used to call me once a month. We would talk for hours about breeding. Nice guy, and his perspective was interesting to say the least. However, I rarely agreed with his methods. I would tell him mine, and he would get quiet, then say, “that makes sense, I think will try that.” I never did hear whether he tried it or not. lol

If I were you, I would use my Founders Program for creating a new strain from unrelated birds, or use my Transformation Program for creating a strain from mongrels flocks. This is a solid program that will give you the results you are looking for.

Kenny

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.