Home Forums Feeding and Nutrition Feeding Formula for Brood Fowl

11 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Kenny Troiano
      Keymaster
      @maximustroy2

I just want to let all our members know that I have posted my Feeding Program for Brood Fowl in the Programs page. This formula has worked well for my fowl, and have used it for years. I do adjust it from time to time, and I will make sure to post the most up-to-date versions. 

Here is the link: 

https://americangamefowlbreedersacademy.com/maximus-mix-kenny-troianos-feeding-formula-for-brood-fowl/

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I asked my feed store is they carry the all flock and unfortunately they dont but they do have nutrina 22%laying pellets. I remember you said lay pellets arnt good. What makes them bad and would this 22% still be bad mixed im my regular gamefowl conditioning feed which is 16%? The feed mill is Atlas feed mill breaux bridge Louisiana. Just in case anyone wants to know. If it is still bad ill have to stick to the 28% crumble because they dont carry it in a pellet either.

Kenny Troiano
        Keymaster
        @maximustroy2

The protein looks good, but I am concerned that they are calling it Laying feed. What is the Calcium percent?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

4%calcium but i feed crushed oyster shells on the side would that be okay to supplement the calcium?

Kenny Troiano
        Keymaster
        @maximustroy2

4% is a bit high. I like 1.5 to 2% calcium. Oyster shells on the side is good.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Here is the new feed mix. Kenny does this resemble your mix.
      60% protein pellet 20% protein
      20% pegion conditioner w/popcorn 15.5% protein
      5% calf manna
      5% whole cleaned corn (still cool here)
      3% whole oat groats
      3% flax seed
      3% black oil sunflower seeds
      I’ll add fish oil with each feeding and
      I add grit and oyster shell seperate

Kenny Troiano
        Keymaster
        @maximustroy2

It looks different, but not sure why. Maybe it’s the pigeon mix. I use racing pigeon mix.

But I like that you are using more pellet than grains. that’s good.

What kind of pellet are you using? I use the “Nutrina All Flock”

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

I compared to the all flock to this flock balancer and feel like it checks off all the blocks. If anything needs to be tweaked or changed I’m open to it. Thank you Kenny

Kenny Troiano
        Keymaster
        @maximustroy2

I don’t see any big adjustments you should make at the moment. Just feed your birds the formula, and keep an eye on their energy level and activity. Check them out once a month to make sure their bodies feel good and that they are healthy. And, if you are still producing chicks right now, look at the chicks and make sure they are vigorous and active. This is the real test of the feed.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @
      1. Sounds good Kenny. I have about 100 chicks on the ground now and they are all showing great vigor. I had a similar feed before but with more grain and a layer pellet vs the higher protein booster pellet that I get now from Belle Farms, southern states feed.  I’m interested in seeing how their body’s change and if they have even more vigor. By my calculations I was closer to protein levels of a holding feed at 16%. Now I should be on target. I appreciate you and have a good evening.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.